couldn't upgrade iPhone 4 after gevey sim unlock..!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ronak, Aug 3, 2011.

1. ronak, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011

ronak macrumors newbie

Guys i am unable to upgrade or restore my iPhone after gevey sim unlock. iTunes says that this device isn't eligible for the restore request built up. For the same i tried to contact apple and they informed me that as your phone is locked to at&t and you have tried some different method to unlock it, your iPhone couldn't restore or can be upgraded unless and until you contact at&t executive and get it unlocked. I tried contacting at&t but they informed me that they couldn't unlock my iPhone as they don't have any unlock settings and also they stated in a email that "I apologize but AT&T does not have the unlock codes for any Apple products including the iPhone. AT&T and Apple strongly caution against installing any software that makes unauthorized modifications to iPhone OS"
    Issues Caused by Unauthorized Modifications to iPhone.
    ? Inability to Apply Future Software Updates: Some unauthorized modifications have caused damage to the iPhone OS that is not repairable. This can result in the iPhone becoming permanently inoperable when a future Apple-supplied OS update is installed, and the user thus not being able to take advantage of continued device and OS improvements.

So I am in to deep trouble now as i want to upgrade my os.
    Is there any alternative for this??

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Wow, looks like they get serious on unlocking outside their rules ... :(

Hope you get it settled though and "locked" again.

3. ronak thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes mate they get serious indeed.
    But I am stuck to 4.1 now is there any other option by which i can upgrade iPhone to 4.3.3.? They say that my iPhone is still locked under at&t but it is not eligible for unlock. I guess ill hav to be on 4.1 till my iPhones dead.

4. steveiphone macrumors newbie

steveiphone

Apple is not very fond of jailbreaking and unlocking even though it is legal, but still Apple's iOS firmware has lots of exploits that can be used for jailbreaking and unlocking iPhones. The jailbreaking community has already uncovered several exploits and these exploits were used to build jailbreak and unlock software. Apple releases firmware updates from time to time fixing exploits and improving the firmware. In order to get the latest features in iPhone, you have to upgrade the firmware. The latest firmware update available from Apple is iOS 4.3.5 and iPhone Unlocking Solutions has already released jailbreak and unlock software for iOS 4.3.5.

5. ronak thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks mate for your valuable information. But the problem is that when I am trying to upgrade my iPhone there is some error message which states that "The XXX iPhone cannot be updated. The device is not eligible for the request built up" I am unable to upgrade or restore my iPhone the same message popups every time.