Couldn't wait any longer!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PaulCostello, Mar 23, 2012.

1. PaulCostello macrumors member

I officially took the biggest step in my life tonight! (well, my computer life anyway) I'm leaving windows and completing the apple circle by placing an iMac in my home.

(Insert cliche)

I know, I know, you apple guys heard it a million times, "20+ year windows user leaves Microsoft and jumps on the apple train because he loves his iPhone, iPad, and all his childrens ipods. Well, add me to the millions!

I ordered a refurb base iMac 21" which i think is fine for me and my family. I'm a pastor and basically need word processing, some keynote, and the usual web and email. I also got a magic trackpad, and 8gb ram from crucial. So I should be fine.
    My only problem is that I know the new iMacs are coming shortly, but, I just couldn't wait any longer. Not sure if the new iMacs are gonna get a whole new design, or just an incremental upgrade. Hope my new iMac still feels new when the new iMacs arrive. Lol

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys, I've been reading these boards for months while trying to decide on making the switch to iMac. I've learned so much, and sensed such a feeling of passion. I know, corny right? But it's true. When you hear people talk about their macs, it's like their talking about one of their family members. I mean, I've never seen that with windows machines!
    Can't wait to get my iMac and continue to enjoy these boards.

Well, thanks again guys! (I'm sorry if I bored you to death)

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Welcome to Mac's...And a very good choice, those refurbs are as good if not better than a boxed new machine, you have the advantage of knowing that any defects have been corrected, your warranty is good, and you saved some money too!

As for cliches? well...just browse the forums! :)

3. B.A.T macrumors 6502a

Welcome. If you love your iMac half as much as I love mine you'll be a Mac addict in no time.