Couldn't wait for a new MBP? Fine, just be quiet.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Coatsy, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coatsy macrumors member

I wish to send a message to all those who have recently purchased a new MBP, and even some who've had theirs for a while.

I'm a waiter. I don't need the computer at this precise moment, so I will wait for the next revision. I understand that you may not have been able to wait, for practical reasons or otherwise. If you are happy with your computer and it accomplishes your tasks sufficiently, all the better.

But it ends there.

We waiters like to talk about the upcoming revision. Naturally, we're excited about it and are anxious for the release date. Why then, do you lot, and a few in particular (some of whom have now changed their sig for the purpose) feel the burning desire to come into our little discussion areas and tell us not to wait, because it's stupid and pointless. Every single thread on the subject has a message from one of you guys, if not more.

So I put it to you: if you're so happy and please with your fine machine, and it does what you need and you'll use it for years to come, why do you take the time out of your obviously busy schedule of computer enjoying to consistently put us down. Multiple times.

Thank you

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

On the other hand, why do we have to sit back and hear all of the whining about when will the next update come out? I have to have the latest and greatest!!!! It will be the death of me if I buy and then Apple updates. My machine is useless because Apple released an update! And many other variations.

If you want to wait, thats great. To many of you "waiters" seem to think that if Apple updates a product you have that yours suddenly turns into a $1,000+ paperweight.

3. Coatsy thread starter macrumors member

It's actually really cool. There's this new invention that's just come out right, and it's called 'Not clicking on the threads'

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Since this thread contained a personal comment about someone, now deleted, and it's merely a rant that doesn't bode well for a discussion, I've decided to close it to spare us down the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.