countdown timer app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by vitog123, Oct 3, 2009.

1. vitog123 macrumors 6502

does anyone have any experience with countdown timers?

Im looking for something that i can use for a workout routine/stretching routine and id say one of the key features i would need is that id like for the app to run in the background..use music, browser, check email, phone etc and be alerted when the time is up while not have the timer as the the active app.
    I have downloaded a couple of the free ones and they either stop running when switching applications OR continue to countdown but dont set off the alert when time has elapsed....

There are so many to choose from and the few ive read about dont specify that they run in the background.

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Third-party iPhone apps can't run in the background....

S-

3. vitog123 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm... bummer..

thanks

4. little-dreamer macrumors newbie

Have you tried the built in timer? It's part if the clock app.

5. bnnew1 macrumors newbie

I have an app called Routine Timer that I use. It's pretty customizable and you can start the iPod first, then launch the app.

6. vitog123 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah, only problem is you can only do hours/minutes... i also need seconds.. thanks

7. vitog123 thread starter macrumors 6502

thats the one that has caught my eye, right now im using labtimer. It still counts down while not open, but wont alert when time has elapsed.
    Does the routine timer still count down while not open? or will it reset or stop counting down if you close it?

8. mathematician macrumors member

Timer with Sections

I have just released a new version of 'Timer with Sections'.

It can run in background and trigger alarms in background (local notifications).