Countdown To Christmas

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tennis-menace, Nov 15, 2008.

1. tennis-menace macrumors newbie

hey guys, I wanted to let you know about a Countdown to christmas app. It's called countdown to Christmas, it should have a red logo with some white snowflakes on it. I've been in touch with the developer, giving him some suggestions and trying to help him out, and he seems like a great guy and I wanted to support him somehow.

Just forr all of you guys who will target me, no, I am not the developer, I know I am in touch with him, but he's been having trouble getting the word out about his app and I just wanted to give him a little help, because I know if I design an app, I would love to have someone doing the same for me. So just fir check it out, it's free, and if you don't like it, you didn't lose any money. I believe he is working on a countdown to hannukah (spelling?) app as well, and I am hoping I could help him improve his countdown to Christmas app by maybe animating some falling snowflakes for the background.

And sorry if this post is sloppy, I am typing on my touch in hopes of getting better at using this keyboard

2. okaive macrumors member

okaive

Although I am not religious at all, I like his idea concept. Is there anyway that you can get him to make an App that we as the consumer can just pick the date and it will have a count down for that date? Also have it have multi-countdowns, not just the one that we pick

3. tennis-menace thread starter macrumors newbie

I could definateky talk to him. I know that would probably take some time
    Alto develop, even though it might be kind of basic. Would you be wlling to pay, maybe 99 cents tops, for something like that? Or are paid custom countdowns available?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

WOW awesome!
    Not sure how I'd know when Christmas was without Countdown to Christmas!
    ;)

A true lifesaver fo sho!

5. tennis-menace thread starter macrumors newbie

ha, no one ever said it was going to save lives =P. It's just a cute little app to get you in the holiday spirit and excited fir Christmas. It's just a nice little thing to look at every once and a whole, just as a reminder, ya know?

6. Pring macrumors 6502

I'd be remiss if I didn't point out that my own app, released about a month ago, does the same thing.

It's also free, has falling snow, a selection of christmas background music. It does only the count the days down though, not minutes/seconds/etc.

I welcome the competition :)
    Download Sleeps to Christmas here

7. Pring macrumors 6502

Plenty of apps that do that already.

Countdown is one

Day Count is another

8. tennis-menace thread starter macrumors newbie

Before I downloaded any countdown app, I looked at both yours and the other one. Yours does look pretty good and I like the music, but when I was yoiunger I would always love websites that gave the exact time until Christmas, so my decision was ultimately based on nostalgia, not cosmetics. Your app is pretty nice though, don't get me wrong =)

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I actually know jews that celebrate Christmas. Santa Claus, and the whole bit. Plus, a lot of people who don't have the religious belief just use the holiday as a time for family. For me, that's always been what the day was for.

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Isn't Christmas still December 25th? If you look at a calendar it will show how many days are left.

11. tennis-menace thread starter macrumors newbie

but then we can't have little, well designed simple apps on our iPhones and iPod touches =)

12. okaive macrumors member

okaive

Thanks! Will have to go with Countdown since Day count only does one count down at a time. Now if you could have multiple, then I think it would be the best one.

13. dazzadazza macrumors newbie

24 Christmas Days includes what a lot of other apps are selling separately!

Would like to point out that 24 Christmas Days, contains features, (such as countdown) within it. A lot of other Christmas apps are very simple, however this one includes what most of those do combined into one nice little app.
    Things like Christmas wallpapers, Christmas songs/music, Shaking it to make sleigh bell sounds - these are all standard features within 24 Christmas Days that other developers are trying to sell as individual apps.