Countdown to iPhone 4G!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 19, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

The 3GS is officially behind us, now those who resisted the 3GS will be rewarded with a revolutionary phone next year, and those who have the 3GS, well, let's just hope that you guys complain as much as we 3G owners did to convince AT&T to partly subsidize the new iPhone 4G.

1.) 5 MP Camera or even 1080p picture quality (pics will be 1080p but the the screen won't). Videos will also be great quality, maybe 480p (60 frames a second instead of the 3GS's 30). Light flash as well.
    2.)32 GB($199), 64 GB ($299) models, more preferably above 50 GB at least
    3.)RAM goes up to 512 MB, up from iPhone 3GS's 256. Ridiculously fast!
    4.)Ability to handle 3G at immense speeds (7.2 Mbps and above) and capability to use 4G (Verizon is developing 4G, this will be perfect reason for Apple to use Verizon next year with an "iPhone 4G"
    5.)Video Conferencing with a front faced camera.
    6.)Wireless-N capability
    7.)Battery will be 50-100% better than iPhone 3GS
    8.)Phone will be much slimmer and the screen will be .5-1 inch bigger, THINK THIS:
    http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=174711&d=1244517273

9.)Slider keyboard option, possibly to use it for video games
    10.)OLED screen
    11.)Flash built into software
    12.)We already know that iPhone is more powerful than the PSP and DS combined, so maybe Apple can work on making the graphics closer to the PS2.
    13.) Ability to use the iPhone has a portable hard drive with a small USB input on the actual iPhone (slide out). This might be fixed in a firmware, but if we had 32 GB sitting in our pockets, it would be tremendously useful in so many circumstances.
    14.)The phone will be able to pick up all sorts of radio waves/signals from the air and convert them into energy to recharge the phone. Nokia just developed it, it can keep the phone on long enough to keep a phone call on or just slowly recharge the phone. Or just the ability to recharge from you moving your body (kinetic energy)
    15.)Loopt-like feature where you can see other iPhones as a green or orange dot on your GPS map if you're trying to find someone you're talking to.
    16.) The ability to do VOICE TO TEXT with text messages! Seriously, I know text messaging is the new cool thing (I use it a lot) but it's ridiculous how long you have to spend typing them up (compared to a computer keyboard). This will be a welcome feature to ALL PHONES.
    17.)It'd be cool to have the phone in landscape all the time if you wanted it (lock it that way) and control how many applications you can have per page.
    18.)FM radio

Well this is definitely quite the wishlist, and we can only hope we would get at least half of them, but next year will definitely bring something revolutionary. If you're still debating to wait or pass up the opportunity to upgrade in December, I'd say wait, you never know what might come up, and AT&T might not take away the upgrade pricing like they did this time. So you guys have any other features you would like in the iPhone 4G?

2. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Actually upgraded a different line on my family plan. My upgrade will be here in plenty of time for the new iPhone. So I can enjoy my 3G S :)

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I don't remember the first gen iPhone users rationalizing their purchase in the face of the 3G, atleast not this much.

I'm waiting for the iPhone 2011. It's going to have everything you listed, except twice as good for half the price.

4. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Poor lifeless soul...

Get out and experience the world OUTSIDE the computer. ;)

5. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Anticipating the next version of a device on the day of the new release. Typical Apple user.

6. diabolic macrumors 68000

I'll use my new 3Gs and then pay whatever it costs me to upgrade to the new one when it comes out. Waiting another entire year made no sense to me.

7. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

I've only bought one Apple product ever, the iPhone 3G. I too could pay the upgrade price but I'll just save a couple hundred dollars before I do that.

8. FunkyMonkey macrumors 6502

Umm... Okay? :confused:

9. Screwtape macrumors regular

You forgot the multi-core processor.

If the 2010 iPhone is multi-core with 512 MB RAM, I'll jizz in my pants.

10. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

A song comes on that reminds me of you and I ...
    When Bruce Willis was dead at the end of Sixth Sense I ...
    I just ate a grape and I ...

11. Axl Rose macrumors regular

i just hope they improve the battery by alot, OLED screens will help with this.

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

This is the likely ones:

Wireless N
    Front facing Camera
    Different housing

That is all.

13. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Yada Yada Yada 4G? Verizon? not likely next year, remember Apple wants total control over their APP store, and they want a lot of $ for their phones, Verion has their own APP store, doesn't liek to give up much, they really do not need to, and as far as subsidized pricing, I think those days are coming to an end only because Apple lowered the bar this year on pricing.

We can all speculate on what Apple and AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Moble will do but whatever the outcome, I love my new 3GS and it will server me well for two years:D

Good Luck all and let the Speculation Begin :rolleyes:

14. Shabbis macrumors regular

Blah blah blah...

If the 4G is THAT good, I'll pay the full, unsubsidized price with no complaints!

15. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

16. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Not going to happen. Seriously. Why?

17. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I love this mentality, I will be upgrading my 3GS' next year just like you will your 3G, and at the same price you pay.

18. darngooddesign macrumors G3

it will just be the gs in a new case and you'll marvel at how significant the upgrade is.

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

Oh gosh! Lol. Well, I don't know about yall, but I'm doing damn sure enjoy my 3G S RIGHT NOW! Its way better the 3G and first gen. CLEARLY.

I'm living for TODAY...

:)

20. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

What more can I say, I would switch if AT&T would just take away the upgrade fee for everyone, but again I know I agreed to this in the contract so I can't say anything. The speed is something that you might appreciate for the first week or month or so but you won't really notice all the time, but of course it will come in handy later. The compass, well, it's a great feature, but in most circumstances you won't need to know which way is which in finding directions when you're looking at live GPS on your phone. And of course the video recording is the one thing that I really wanted since it's great quality, but I know that Apple purposely left it out of the 3G ( I mean seriously, it was practically the same exact camera as the 2G, that really showed something considering every other feature had some boost) so I'd be tempted to buy the 3GS, but for this very reason, I'll wait till next year and see what happens.

21. hansolo79 macrumors regular

Not sure how this is possible, but I upgraded to the 3G S today and my upgrade date now shows June 2010. Guess I maybe able to upgrade next year too.

22. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

dial *639# to check

thaks what mine says too 6/2010

23. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Its probably because ATT is letting people upgrade 1 year into their contract right now. Id check again after then end the promotion (if they do at all).

Speed was the only think i wanted from the 3G, well that and video editing, the 3G S came through on the speed, I'm impressed. Even though I will be eligible to upgrade my line next year (I did an upgrade swap) I won't unless they make it even faster. :)

24. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

4G?...countdown???

...haven't heard any of the cellular networks in the states getting them in any report(s) coming around :confused:

CrackBookPro:cool:

25. ALittleDrive macrumors regular