Counter-Ad to Samsung [merged]

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Alx9876, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Um... rationalize how you'd like, fanboys, the S3 is still better.

2. matttye macrumors 601

I just wish that people would educate themselves before making these images.

The S3 has a passwallet app that supports the exact same passes (same file format) as passbook. The benefit of course will be if passwallet can integrate with NFC :p

3. kanesw macrumors regular

kanesw

Why are people getting butthurt by this? Couldn't care less who likes/hate the phone.

4. iFanboy Guest

It's subjective. S3 sucks for my use, but may be better for yours.

I KNOW, WE'LL ALL USE WHAT SUITS US BETTER INDIVIDUALLY.

5. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I'm amazed people are fighting over... wait for it... ready...? A phone. Seriously, come on. Are we still in the 3rd grade? :rolleyes:

6. richpuer macrumors 6502

The thing with the iPhone is that it may not be the best or feature rich phone out there but you know you're still going to buy it. It's like frequent flier miles or the mafia, once you're in, you can never get out. And that's why aapl is worth $700/share.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There is no one size fits all.
    To me and millions of others the iPhone is way better and don't like the S3.
    Btw you are on an iPhone not android forum:)

8. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Both of those are pretty toe-curlingly stupid :-(

9. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

10. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

It's the politics of the smartphone market. One party is just only releasing partial information and taking words out of context to help support their own agenda. Would you believe that people use this tactic against other human beings as well!

For as many "Nobama" and "Rommunism" bumper stickers out there we should see some "Samesung" and "Crapple" stickers too. ;)

11. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Wait...politicians do this to? Say it ain't so!!

12. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Inorite! And like after they are done arguing like 3rd graders we choose the one who sucked less and ask him to be our leader!

13. ethana macrumors 6502a

Better at what? If you're talking about speed then WRONG. If you're talking about ecosystem then WRONG. If you're talking about apps then WRONG.

See this is what I hate.... Fandroids blatantly say the S3 is better, just based on specs. But the reality is that each phone is better at different things! And it's all just an opinion anyway.

So no, the S3 isn't better.

14. whitesand macrumors regular

It's the same thing you hear about pc vs mac...."look at what specs I can get with pc" yada yada......Specs do not necessarily translate into better performance and a better user experience...These folks do not get it nor do they understand the concept until one day they finally grasp the reality of it.

15. 617aircav Suspended

It's a retarded mentality. They treat these phones like sports teams. Get a life geeks.

----------

Yep, also better user experience will be based on preference and will always be subjective. It amazes me how some idiots care what someone else thinks of their device.

16. Captainobvvious macrumors 6502

If the newly released benchmarks are true then the iPhone is faster than the SIII... All those specs and all that hardware only to be slower than a lower speccced iPhone.

17. matttye macrumors 601

I prefer my S3. I find it just as fast as my ipad 2 with the jelly bean update, I like having the large screen for reading, which is complimented by the fact that the screen stays on without me having to tap it constantly.

The main reason I prefer Android is the customisation it allows.

There you go... No specs!

18. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

as a iphone and GS3 owner this is so LAME:rolleyes: i have tried a lot of phones and see if it fits my needs...some people just talk dumb and assume that a particular device is better then the others and have not even used it or took it for a test drive... in the end its the user that thinks its the right phone for there use.. haters need to buy people phones that they like:p hey GS3 sucks iphone is better...ok buy me an iphone then:rolleyes:

iOS got stale for me but still love the ease of use...as for android its open for your liking...

19. d0minick macrumors 6502

i preordered the iphone 5, but a friend, aunt and coworker have a S3. Its a great phone.

You fanboys will stifle competition.

20. entatlrg, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Buy what phone you like, it doesn't matter. But Samsung's approach, if they're trying to win potential Apple iPhone buyers to buy Samsung products is horrible. Shady print ad's and TV commercials, flash mob's in front of Apple stores etc ... no class at all.

With the hundreds of millions of iPhone user's out there you'd think Samsung would be smart enough to try somewhat politely entice iPhone users to buy the their phones with clever marketing rather than insults.

Samsung exec's not so bright as they repeatedly prove to the public.

21. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Um pretty sure the iPhone will be faster. Better display. Better OS. Better apps. Custom processor optimized for this specific phone.

22. matttye macrumors 601

Faster - yep
    Better display - subjective (I like AMOLED)
    Better OS - subjective
    Better apps - subjective
    Custom processor optimized for this specific phone - you can't use that twice, that's covered by 'faster'

23. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

Faster Processor
    Higher DPI Display
    Thinner
    Lighter
    Better Camera
    Larger App Store
    Superior Build Quality: In terms of precision during the manufacturing process.

Those are pretty hard facts.