OS X Counter Strike Global Offense (CSGO)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by LycanNyc, Aug 13, 2013.

1. LycanNyc, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013

LycanNyc macrumors newbie

Hello all,

Wanted to see how many OSX folks play CSGO ?
    I got it off Steam (not sure if this is the only place to get it)

Add me on Steam: LycanNyc

2. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I play it but almost always vs the bots :).

3. Irishman macrumors 68030

Same here! I think that, for me, because the CS community is so well established, I've run into clique after clique....people that play together, and either will kick you in a SECOND, or TK you (within the framework of the game, of course).

I don't like it. It's not conducive to newbies learning. At least with the bots, I don't feel excluded.

4. Elmzeh macrumors regular

Elmzeh

Hi LycanNyc!

As far as I'm aware Steam is the only place that you can get CS:GO however this wasn't always the case - Counter Strike initially started as a MOD for Half Life - I began playing Counter-Strike in version 1.5... the good ol days! ;)

Since then its evolved and adopted the Source engine when Half Life 2 was released - around this time Counter Strike: Source was released and now we're sitting with CS:GO - still using the Source engine :)

I and many of my friends that I've grown up with have been playing Counter Strike for quite some time and some of the others are right - for the most part you will come up against pre-arranged teams and after all, this is expected - it was and still is one of the biggest competitive FPS games played at eSports tournaments globally and just the same as if you was playing WoW or another MMO - you would be best going with a co-ordinated team rather than random people!

Having said that, due to work commitments I cant join as many of my friends pre-arranged teams for matches and often find myself being matched with a team - this isn't always that bad so long as you can listen/pay attention and if needs be give people a heads up if you see enemies etc...

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is a really really great game and while I miss the old versions, GO is a welcome change - it requires a lot of time to learn how to play and even more to master but if you've got the time and feel like a challenge then its definitely worth investing in! :)

In regards to the OS X community, I myself have met quite a few people in game who are OS X gamers :apple: :apple:

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I play it, but have not in a while. Ive been on a Gmod addiction for the past few months

6. LycanNyc thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been too until recently 2 of my co-workers bought the game

I know what you mean, so let's play now :)

Gmod ? lets play some CSGO

7. Irishman macrumors 68030

My Steam ID is irishman28. My in-game handle is formoria.

8. LycanNyc thread starter macrumors newbie

added

9. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

10. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

I used to play it a lot on my Mac (up to 88hours and 100 achievements) but then started getting fed up with the bug which would sometimes force quit the game during a map change. It always seemed to happen when I was with a really good bunch of people.

I raised a Steam bug report and I wasn't the only person who was suffering with it.

AFAIK it never got fixed and I haven't been back since.

11. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

I've been playing a bunch of this since i got it cheap from Steam during the xmas sale. I have a couple questions:
    1) body armor + helmet - can you only buy these on certain game types? I have never seen the option to purchase these (at respawn) selectable.
    2) in deathmatches, there are guys who always one-shot me (usually like 115 damage) with an AK-47 that will have some special name like "purple something". Are these guys just really good at getting head shots or is there some special guns you can get by paying real money that just do incredible damage?

12. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

I like bots. They never give me a hard time. I never feel bad when I play with them. Bots are nice people to play with even if they don't say much. :D

This reminds me that I have been meaning to spend some quality time in "training mode" with Counter-Strike: Condition Zero which has very intelligent bots that do talk. It's a lot of fun and great practice.

13. UBS28 macrumors 6502a

Is counterstrike GO better than Counterstrike Source? Kinda silly I didn't buy CS GO during the discount period.

14. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

15. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

dang update. i just bought an Operation Bravo pass on the weekend. Did i waste a buck?

16. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

Woow i'm so thrilled ^^ Got my first Ace play competitive ^^

[​IMG]

Also, love using the MP7, feels so good.

17. Trautman macrumors newbie

There is still no dynamic shadow in CS:GO for Mac.

18. LycanNyc thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone noticed how better the game runs after this huge February Update?

19. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

CS:GO - Operation Phoenix

20. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

Glad i did wake up earlier, spend 1,99€ on new Pass, and i got a drop on new cases. Sold that case 4,30€, made a nice profit.

21. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

how much are the passes in US dollars? Bravo was only 99 cents; is Phoenix the same?

22. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

1,99$.

But if you wait a couple months will get cheaper, or you buy now and sell the new cases and make some profit.

23. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

Thanks.

The cases you're talking about are the ones you can randomly win while playing? People actually buy those?

24. ValtermcPires macrumors 6502

25. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

Operation Phoenix was $2.99. I bought it and won a crate and made $3.50 on it. Sweet!