Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sandman118

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
Hello all,

I recently bought the newest Macbook Pro, which gave me the opportunity to play 'Counter Strike: Go' again. I used to play this game very often on Windows in the past and it always went smoothly. However, these days, I'm experiencing some weird mouse sensitivity problems on Mac.

To be more specific: on one hand, when softly moving the mouse left or right, it feels like I'm dragging it through mud. On the other hand, when i move the mouse a little bit faster to counter this 'mud-feeling', it goes way too fast and feels uncontrollable. Aside from that, the overall mouse movement when running and aiming is just totally weird.

I've read some stuff on the internet about changing settings like: raw input, mouse acceleration, V-sync etc, but none of them seem to work. I just keep ending up with the same problem. I also read that Windows has a different mouse feeling than Mac, so maybe this is where i should start looking? I found this patch called SmoothMouse, but the reviews are quite divided. Does anyone have experience with this software or can anyone recommend me an alternative?

I'm pretty clueless what to do. Maybe there are some console-settings I overlooked? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Hello all,

I recently bought the newest Macbook Pro, which gave me the opportunity to play 'Counter Strike: Go' again. I used to play this game very often on Windows in the past and it always went smoothly. However, these days, I'm experiencing some weird mouse sensitivity problems on Mac.

To be more specific: on one hand, when softly moving the mouse left or right, it feels like I'm dragging it through mud. On the other hand, when i move the mouse a little bit faster to counter this 'mud-feeling', it goes way too fast and feels uncontrollable. Aside from that, the overall mouse movement when running and aiming is just totally weird.

I've read some stuff on the internet about changing settings like: raw input, mouse acceleration, V-sync etc, but none of them seem to work. I just keep ending up with the same problem. I also read that Windows has a different mouse feeling than Mac, so maybe this is where i should start looking? I found this patch called SmoothMouse, but the reviews are quite divided. Does anyone have experience with this software or can anyone recommend me an alternative?

I'm pretty clueless what to do. Maybe there are some console-settings I overlooked? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

What brand of mouse do you game with?

Is it a gaming mouse?

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Maybe you can try to enable mouse acceleration in-game and set the number to something lower than 1, as a sort of anti-acceleration. Otherwise you'll need to find something to disable it system-side, like Smoothmouse, because I don't think games can change it in OSX the way Windows allows it.

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
You're experiencing 100 percent mouse acceleration; literally nothing more, nothing less. Super useful for productivity apps like Photoshop where you need fine movements and accuracy, but horrible for gaming where you need that 1:1 mouse movement.

This app fixes it completely - ExactMouseTool from SteelSeries (A Mac supported gaming company)

- https://steelseries.com/downloads

Download, Open, Enable it, fixed. You can toggle it on and off. But it should feel nearly exactly like Windows after this.

Do NOT download the "Engine 2" or "Engine 3" - I mean, you can if you want, but that's not what's going to fix your issue. ExactMouse tool - under Other Devices in the middle of the page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.