Counter Strike on MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alin, Nov 11, 2009.

1. Alin macrumors newbie

Hello.I have a second generation MacBook Pro unibody 2.66.
    I want to play Counter Strike on my snow leopard with my windows friends..
    Can somebody tell my how y can do this? Which program i need? Can i find a free program only for play this? thx

2. SachaS macrumors regular

You can either get Paralells or VMFusion (I think that's what it's called) and a version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7) and play it natively through OSX or you can do it through boot-camp. Boot-camp is the better option because it actually uses the hardware on the computer rather than simulation software like Parallels uses (it's also free unlike the two simulation software available). Basically it will run a lot faster with better graphics through boot-camp - I've tried playing CS (the updated graphics one) on my MBP 2.66 through Parallels and it was very unsatisfactory, so boot-camp is definitely what you want.

All you need for boot-camp is a Windows install CD. Go into finder and type in boot-camp and it'll give you step-by-step instructions on what to do.

3. Frankie. macrumors regular

Applications > Utilities > Bootcamp

Counter Strike runs perfect on my MacBook Pro 13" 2.26 through bootcamp.

4. dan5.5 macrumors 6502

Bootcamp for gaming. Don't use virtual machines for gaming.

5. cardude280 macrumors member

theres also crossover games, its a well it doesn't matter what it is, but it will let you play cs and they have very good support for the valve game but i don't know what kinda frame rates you will get

heres the link if you want to look into it http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/

6. johata3 macrumors regular

Bootcamp is the way. Just partition your hard drive (for me, 50GB) and let boot camp do it's job. Find a legit copy of any Windows software.

Remember to have the CD's that came with your mac. you'll need to use that once you succeed in bootcamp.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

not unless you want it to run at 2 fps.

Run any game in bootcamp to allow the computer to access its full resources for the game