Counter Strike on MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erasr, Jun 23, 2010.

1. erasr macrumors 6502

How well will CSS run on a new MBP 13" base model?

Also one other random question, would garage band and other sequencing software be alight on it? I want to start editing music on one I've ordered, or use my midi keyboard via USB.

2. Bradan macrumors member

yes, yes, yes.

css runs on everything. it runs great on an i3 with integrated graphics card.

you're fine, go buy you notebook.

3. Vitr macrumors member

Vitr

Keep in mind that CSS is nearing 6 years old. It will run perfectly fine.

4. 1finite macrumors member

Just fired it up on mine. In Bootcamp it runs all high (AA off) on native around 100fps

In OSX I had max fps at 40 with medium/high settings, 1152 x 720 and it held around 39/40 fps with dips down to 25ish in heavy firefights

5. Bradan macrumors member

Apple needs to realise people play games and needs to work with ati/nv on their drivers. That's pretty sad :[.

6. SolidGun macrumors 6502

SolidGun

Crazy to think that Source is that old now....I remember playing 0.8 more than 10 years ago when I found nerdy friends my freshman year of college.

7. Macopotamus macrumors regular

Macopotamus

yea that is kind of disappointing, it's a 6 year old game it should be all maxed out settings and flawless performance on the hardware

8. microcolt macrumors regular

Just because a game is 6 years old doesn't mean that a 2010 computer should be able to handle it. Back in 2008 I built my self a bad-ass gaming rig that had way more in it than other computers and I just barely was able to keep the 300FPS limit up on CSS.

That rig had 3x GTX 265 and an i7, granted that I may have other software slowing the system down but that just goes to show that hardware doesn't always meet software expectations.

9. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

If it matters at all, Bioshock runs great on my 13" MBP.

10. 1finite macrumors member

Unfortunately, that will take a while. :( Luckily the games are playable, but at really ugly settings.

TF2 is even worse, I can max it on bootcamp with no AA, but on OSX I need to change all the settings to low and use the lowest res

11. funkyc macrumors regular

funkyc

I just ordered a new 2.53 i5 15" with HR display

will I be able to run it properly. I understand it should perform better than the 13" due to the better graphics card? probably won't be able to play fullscreen though right?