Counterintuitive Animation in iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kevin4s, Sep 13, 2013.

1. kevin4s, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

kevin4s macrumors newbie

Say i got a web bookmark on the home screen
    when i tap on it, the whole screen slides to the right and safari slides from the left
    it just makes people think the home screen should now be on the right, hiding
    but double tapping the home button shows the exact opposite
    simply counterintuitive and the animation is a bit over in my view

so, what do your guys think?

2. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Not sure I 100% understand what you are getting at here? I put a bookmark on my homescreen, and its just opens like any other app to the safari application? Maybe clarify a bit?

3. kevin4s thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, but if you jump from a app to the safari, the original app slides to the right and the safari slides in from the left. it makes perfect sense as the safari is now the current app you are using, and the original one is the second app.
    it is alright because when you double tap the home button and call out multitasking, the order of those two apps are consistent as the safari is on the left and the other is on the right.
    but apple decided to use the same animation when you open up a bookmark on the home screen, the home screen is now like an app and slides the the right, which makes no sense to me because when you double tap the home button, the home screen is always on the most left side

4. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Yeah, someone in another thread few days back noted a few spatial inconsistencies in iOS 7, particularly for iPad. Your one affects iPhone too though.

5. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it's a shame because in other areas, 7 is trying too hard for consistency. Think folders - they are arranged in 3x3 grid on iPad just because it's consistent with how their icon looks (which wasn't the case with ios 4-6). So in this area, Apple's stubborn love of consistency actually hinders usability.

Consistency for the sake of consistency is silly and Apple really didn't think these things through.