Country Specific Content on Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iFanaddic, Aug 2, 2015.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

So I wanted to listen to "Jackpot" by Jocelyn Alice I searched Apple Music for it, but nothing. So I thought to myself "Oh! first song I can't find! It was bound to happen at some point!" I then searched it on Google for some reason and I found an Apple Music link, (see pics attached) when I click it I get the error message Item Not Available [...] in your country or territory.

I thoughts deals were the same everywhere? Wasn't it confirmed? I'm confused.. See my results.. do you get the samething as me?

(Also it appears on iTunes Store..)

image.png
    image.png image.png image.png image.png

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Music right holders are (or can be) different in every country. There is nothing Apple or any other content provider can do about that.

3. iFanaddic, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015

iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I'm disappoint Apple Is usually the one to get everybody "On board"

4. princessgleek macrumors member

princessgleek

And they probably will get everyone onboard but it will take some time to get some. Is the single available elsewhere in your country? Like Spotify etc?

5. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

While Apple Music has... um... some problems, this isn't one of them. Labels release things in different regions and there's nothing Apple can do about it. Also, there is a possibility Spotify will have some songs that AM doesn't, and vice versa, simply because they don't sign exactly the same documents.

I was extremely angry when Kele's b-side, "Fake" was only available in the UK. I couldn't buy it from iTunes, I couldn't stream it from Spotify, I couldn't buy it from Amazon or 7digital. I don't have it to this day. (Possibly it became available since then, I haven't obsessed about it enough to check weekly ;) ) To me, moves like this are encouraging piracy. Here's my money, please take it!!! "Hehe, no" -- the labels.