Coupla questions about Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by RichardRi, Oct 19, 2013.

1. RichardRi macrumors newbie

1. It looks like some people here have Mavericks running. I'm assuming that's a beta. Is there a date on when it will be released proper?

2. When I upgrade from my current 10.8.5 will I need to wipe my files off my hard drive. Or can I just upgrade the OS, and all my files and applications etc will be intact?

3. This question is less about the OS; more about iBooks:

The reason I want to upgrade, is so I have iBooks on my laptop. I'm making a book, with iBooks Author, and I don't have an iPad to test it on. So as I understand, with the upgrade, I'll be able to test it... But with iBooks on my MacBook, will I be able to test how the book will appear on an iPhone, too? The file I upload as an iBook – will that file serve the iPad and the iPhone?

2. mattferg macrumors 6502

Mavericks has already gone GM to developers so those running it are likely devs who do have the final version, not a beta. When the upgrade comes out you can keep all your stuff from 10.8.5.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

1. Most of the users posting here are running the golden master (GM) version that is likely to be the final release version. Apple has an event scheduled for Oct. 22 and most expect a Mavs release date announcement then.

2. You can just install Mavs over top of your existing system and it will not wipe you apps or data. You should backup first though just to be safe.

3. Dunno.

4. RichardRi thread starter macrumors newbie