Couple inquires on 5KLG+MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ZMacintosh, Jan 12, 2017.

1. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

I plan on replacing a 5K iMac and using 2x 5K LG + tbMBP...anyone else using the MacBook Pro as a desktop workstation? i.e.; 5KLG + MBP in clamshell? or at least for extensive periods of time?

I'm curious if anyone has experienced burn-in from the keyboard onto the screen while using the MacBook in clamshell mode? I knew this was a problem on some of the earlier unibody MacBook Pros I used, but have not used the rMBP's in this configuration exclusively.

2. jerryk, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017

jerryk macrumors 68020

I have used rMBPs as desktop replacements for years and not had any of these screen/keyboard issues.

3. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

Agreed. I used my old MacBook Pro in clamshell mode attached to an external monitor for 6-8 hours a day, 3-4 days a week for over 1.5 years and had absolutely no screen/keyboard issues, or any other issues, for that matter.

I've been using my new 13" tMBP in the same configuration for almost a month now, with no problems. It's not something I'd even consider worrying about. Especially since the new keyboard sits considerably lower than the old one.