Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
1. Tap memory: we should wait for the zoom in and out animation to finish to tap on an icon. It should be nice to remember the tap location and respond accordingly.
2. Tap outside the task switch preview to go back to the home screen, instead of having to press the home button for that. I think it would make the whole task switching interface more fluid.

RyanGJ

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
1. Tap memory: we should wait for the zoom in and out animation to finish to tap on an icon. It should be nice to remember the tap location and respond accordingly.
2. Tap outside the task switch preview to go back to the home screen, instead of having to press the home button for that. I think it would make the whole task switching interface more fluid.

Please elaborate on #1. I have no idea what you are talking about.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can also tap on the first home page card to go to it.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan

Or they could just speed up the animation too.

martinocando

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Please elaborate on #1. I have no idea what you are talking about.

For example, when unlocking the phone, I must wait until the whole zoom out animation finishes to tap on an icon. I'd like for iOS to remember where I tapped, and activate that app.

----------

Or they could just speed up the animation too.

That might work too. And maybe easier to implement :p

Delorean2006

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2012
This is a minor thing but I would really love to see the battery indicator actually be green all the time instead of only when the phone is charging, I really like that little detail and think it would look really cool if it did that

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Something that displays the number of open tabs in Safari would be nice.

cappahdap

macrumors newbie
This is a minor thing but I would really love to see the battery indicator actually be green all the time instead of only when the phone is charging, I really like that little detail and think it would look really cool if it did that

I hope they keep the "menubar" consistent with white text and icons on a black/transparent background. I guess it's nice to see that the battery is actually charging, but the green battery disrupts the stylistic appearance of an otherwise nice-looking menubar.
Sometimes the menubar inverts to black info on white background... I can see what they're trying to do, but it's pretty confusing, when all of a sudden the dots on the signal bar is inverted.

OT: I hope they implement a faster way close multiple apps in the muli-tasking view. Right now it's too cumbersome compared to iOS6.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
  1. A 'forward/next' in notes
  2. Graphic weather in NC
  3. When bringing up task switcher, being able to go to the home screen by just hitting the home button OR selecting the card.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
  1. A 'forward/next' in notes
  2. Graphic weather in NC
  3. When bringing up task switcher, being able to go to the home screen by just hitting the home button OR selecting the card.
You can already do that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For me, if I'm in an app, double tap the home button, up comes task switcher. Once I hit the home button it just goes back into that app.
You can certainly do it by tapping the home screen card. Tapping the home button does take you back to where you were, but that seems like the right behavior in terms of usability.

Gogurt48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
You can certainly do it by tapping the home screen card. Tapping the home button does take you back to where you were, but that seems like the right behavior in terms of usability.

I agree. When you tap the home button while in the app switcher, it should take you back to where you were when you activated the app switcher, whether that's the home screen or an app.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
if you wanted to go to home screen from app switcher while within an app, then why go to the app switcher to begin with. Should have just pressed the home button in the app....doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

abshole765

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
if you wanted to go to home screen from app switcher while within an app, then why go to the app switcher to begin with. Should have just pressed the home button in the app....doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

bruh you a genius!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Home button should be home.
Not so much as far as general good user experience flow would go. If you are in an app and bring up the recent apps (multitasking), pressing home simply makes that go away and takes you back to where you were before--makes at least somewhat more sense than taking your out completely out of where you were and taking you somewhere else entirely to your home screen.

----------

It's just an old habit. iOS6 was able to do it.
Yeah, iOS 6 seems to do that, but it seems like that was likely a user experience that Apple decided to improve on in iOS 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.