Couple ipod touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Matt-Man-Plus, May 18, 2008.

1. Matt-Man-Plus macrumors regular

I've decided that i'm going to buy an ipod touch. I'll wait until June just in case. If they come out and say that the "new" (if there is one) touch won't be available for purchase until September, i'm not going to wait unless it's something really cool.

My first question is: If I have a printer that is on my home network, can I print something (I.E. Mapquest directions) from the touch via wifi?

The second question pertains to the dock & remote: If I use the video-out from the dock to my TV, will I be able to see coverflow on the TV and scroll through the same way? I've heard the remote is very limited.

Thanks in advanced for any responses, Matt.

2. kiwi031 macrumors member

With 1.1.4 (current software) you can't print a page or anything near it... Quite far off. I don't know what the June software update will bring though, couldn't say

I reckon the touch is going to be unchanged till next year, as will the Classics. They maaaay get a little cheaper, or slightly larger HDDs but I don't think they'll really change much. Ur decision though :)

3. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

You need the video out cable if you want to see anything at all. However, it only plays videos and audio - no interface elements (such as Coverflow) on your TV. :(

4. Matt-Man-Plus thread starter macrumors regular

Ok..Thanks for the info. I'll still wait until June just incase there's a price drop/capacity upgrade.