Couple MBP questions...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by senorchang, Jul 17, 2010.

1. senorchang macrumors newbie

1. Does it come with a sort of reformat disc or is there a way to revert to factory defaults?

2. So about this "no viruses" thing, does this mean that I don't have to worry about getting an anti-virus?

Thanks in advance!

2. celticpride678

1. The Mac comes with restore disks
    2. Correct

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Yes, usually a Mac comes with 2 CDs. 1 for reinstalling the OS, and one for reinstalling the programs that came with it, such as iLife. (Or iWork if you order your computer with it in the Apple Online Store)

And as the previous poster said, yes, but it never hurts to be too careful on the internet, so don't go to any weird sites that ask you to download random things. You should also stay away from non-trusted mac torrents.

4. senorchang thread starter macrumors newbie

Mac Torrents? Does this mean that I have to use a different kind of torrent system? (Used to using PCs, used uTorrent)

5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Nope, by Mac Torrents i mean downloading software that is made to run on macs. I.E. instead of movies. uTorrent is even availible on the mac! (Although I would recommend transmission)

I've seen quite a few people choose to download software. I don't know why they do, I feel pride in owning my own CD of something. Plus I always like reading the documentation.

Personally, I use transmission to download torrents for Pwnage tool and such. It's a program that's only availible that way, and I, and many others use it to jailbreak iPhones/iPod Touches.