Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
A couple of my applications are def slower in 4.1

- Default Camera app is def slower shutter speed (COME ON APPLE)

- Textfree crashes all the time now (Very disappointing, i use this everyday)

- a couple of games are too

Anybody else?

chembox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
Just wait for app developers to update to support 4.1, it shouldn't be long.

ILOVEMYMBP2.2g

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
yeah hopefully not too long, but what about APPLE'S Camera app, do you think that APPLE will update that within a reasonable time frame?

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
yeah hopefully not too long, but what about APPLE'S Camera app, do you think that APPLE will update that within a reasonable time frame?

You didn't turn HDR on by accident, did you?

Without that my shutter seems to be exactly the same as it was before. Clearly it's something with your phone, not with 4.1. You should investigate ways to fix that, Apple won't come up with a software fix if there's no problem with the software.

TemeculaMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
I just tested this myself. It's definitely slower in 4.1. My wife is still running 4.0, and I just updated to 4.1.

I took over 20 pictures, and the 4.0 iPhone definitely has a faster shutter speed. It's not much, but it's definitely noticeable. I asked my wife what she thought, and she said the same. My iPhone running 4.1, has a slower shutter speed.

Again, it's not that noticeable...but it's definitely there. Hopefully they'll address this.

TemeculaMac

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2007
...as far as HDR goes...I tested with it on and with it off. With HDR on, it's only slower saving the file. The shutter speed appears to be the same.

gretafour

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2006
Rochester, NY
TextPlus has really become unreliable since 4.1... Crashes at least half of the time, where as before it was rarely a problem. TextPlus is my texting plan! (screw $20/mo to AT$T)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.