Couple of Macbook Pro Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MRamirez181, Sep 23, 2012.

1. MRamirez181 macrumors newbie

I recently got my first mac computer ( Retina Macbook Pro 2.6/16/256) and after playing around on the computer for a couple of days I have a few questions.
    1. How do you delete apps from a mac? Tried and tried but can't figure this one out.
    2. What issues should I look for on the computer before deciding to keep it? (EX: Image retention, dead pixels, ect.)
    3. (I posted this one on a thread a few days ago but hasn't been answered) Do the iCarbons retina macbook skins leave the computer sticky after you take them off the computer when they have already been there for a long period of time? Need to know this one as I plan on selling it down the road and the skin could hurt the resale value IMO.

2. simsaladimbamba, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013

simsaladimbamba

I can only answer on question:

Normally it is sufficient enough to put the application into the Trash, which can be done via going into the Applications folder (Finder > Go > Applications) and selecting the application or the application folder and dragging it to the Trash icon on the right side of the Dock.
    But if you want to be more thorough:

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

3. MRamirez181 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I would never have found that out. You would think there would be an easier way to get rid of an app completely.

4. simsaladimbamba

Once you get the flow, it is easy, it only takes a minute or less. They are drag & drop application removers, but they are not as thorough. But normally it just suffices to drag the application into the Trash, no Registry in Mac OS X to **** things up. The PLIST and other setting files remaining are small and normally are not in the way of other things