Couple of Notifications questions

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MacKenzie999, Sep 15, 2013.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hi everyone...couple of questions.

I cannot seem to access Spotlight very often. I know that pressing the Home button from the Home page and then swiping down from the top is supposed to activate the Search function, and occasionally it does, but about 95% of the time I just get the Notifications list.

I also believe I am supposed to see weather on my Notifications list. I do not, and cannot find it as an option anywhere.

Lastly, Calendar previously had a List view that was infinite; the current List is a single-day view, is there any way to view a list beyond a single day (other than selecting Search that is).

Thanks..also, my iOS7 install is from the GM, no previous betas were ever on this phone.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

To get spotlight, you don't swipe from the very top of the home screen. That's how you get notification center. To get spotlight , try swiping from the middle of the screen.

For weather in notification center, make sure you have weather switched to on under location services settings, which is under settings and then privacy. Also, make sure today summary is switched on in notification center preferences. Remember, it is only a description of the weather in words, there will be no image.

And to your last question, no, not without hitting the magnifying glass icon.

3. MacKenzie999 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, you were a great help. That Spotlight thing was driving me nuts!

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Great, glad it helped!