couple of questions about ear set for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by bj097, Dec 12, 2015.

1. bj097 macrumors member

hello
    I've got an iPhone and iPad mini and I don't have a wireless ear set so far.I've got a copuple of questions about that. I am new to it.

1. Is bluetooth the only way of connection for wireless ear set to be used with iPad?

2. How long is it usually for the battery to last for continuous playback of song under normal use? It's a concern because if it doesn't last long I will likely stick to wired ear set.

3. If I use wireless ear set, would it , at the same time, drain the battery of the iPad / iPhone much faster?

4. Any recommendation on particular model of wireless ear set for me? I wish the ear set could be used together with my desktop PC

Budget? I don't know. As economic as possible, however, I am not an enthusiast so I don't need professional (so very expensive) high end sound quality

2. dyn macrumors 68030

1. Wireless headphones/earbuds only do bluetooth so yes, that's the only way to connect a wireless headset/earbuds to an iPad.
    2. My experience is that the listed battery life when playing music is actually quite accurate, should get you through a working day easily. Just don't forget that the headphone/earbuds also need to be able to last this long on its battery!
    3. Yes because bluetooth does have an impact on battery life and so does playing music. Running any other app will further decrease battery life. The more it needs to do, the lesser the battery life. We are not talking about 15 minutes, half an hour, an hour drop or so, it's more in the seconds range, maybe even 5 minutes.
    4. If you really want to enjoy your music I'd recommend against it. iOS doesn't support all the audio profiles for bluetooth which means that sounds quality will be less than on Android (which does support all the necessary audio profiles for bluetooth) and maybe even lesser than with the standard Apple earbuds. It also is quite annoying having to charge the headphone/earbuds and making sure it is always charged. If you want economic then I definitely wouldn't go bluetooth and just stick with the standard cabled ones. The bluetooth cheap ones will not have a very good battery life and wired versions can be had ver lesser money.