Couple of questions...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ephumuris, Oct 13, 2014.

1. ephumuris macrumors member

Hope this is the right place I'm a long time Android fan boy and just got an iPhone 6 a few weeks ago. Loving it. Running latest OTA.

Does anyone get a bug where auto rotate doesn't work and only a reboot will fix it? Can't seem to figure out what triggers it.

The other thing is lock screen security... Now I have Touch ID on which is great. But people can still pull up the control centre and mess with Bluetooth and wifi etc and people can also pull down notification bar and see messaged and things in there. Am I missing a simple setting to stop this being allowed!?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mac'nCheese, Oct 13, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2014

Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I can only answer the first part. When I had the plus for a few days, the auto rotate didn't work a bunch of times and I had to reboot. That has never happened since I exchanged the plus for the 6.
    Edit: you can lock out the control center in settings.

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Settings, Control Center, check to not allow it on Lock Screen.

4. ephumuris thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys. So the control centre thing I'm just blind and missed I'm still worried about the notification bar being able to be pulled down from the lock screen though?

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

You can turn everything OFF in Notification Center or turn of select things like just turning off Message Preview.

SETTINGS > NOTIFICATIONS > MESSAGES > SHOW PREVIEWS (OFF)

6. Oli20 macrumors member

This setting is under the passcode and TouchID settings area. In there you can select what is shown on the lock screen. If you don't want anything to show you can just turn them all off.

7. ephumuris thread starter macrumors member

Perfect thank you! Can lee today view but not allow notifications view which is perfect!!