Couple of questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nitromaster, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

1.Is there currently any way to use disk mode on windows or linux>
    2.So I should basically get one with a xxx38 or 1Ax37 serial? (or of course a week 39)
    3.I currently do not have itunes installed as I'm on dial-up and it takes forever.
    Do I need to do anything with itunes before using the itunes wifi store at hotspots?
    I know I need an account with apple.com but do i actually need to do anything with itunes?
    4.Anyone here from Ireland who has bought one? Where? Serial Number?

2. dexx0008 macrumors member

1. currently, there is not an option to use disk mode,, both the iphone and touch do not have this capability like ipods in the past.

2. With the 1.1.1 firmware that is out, most screens are acceptable. If you are concerned, get a week 38 or later. I suspect by the time you purchase you will get 38 or later at this point in time

3. You need to have itunes to sync the ipod touch before you are able to use it. Until you do you only see a screen that is indicating you need to plug it in.

You can use the itunes store at any wifi that is open or you have access to. In order to actually purchase songs you will need to have an itunes account. the itunes account will be your apple account (one in the same)

4. can't help you there.

3. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

4. Nitromaster thread starter macrumors 6502

5. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Ok...

Not in ireland as of yet,-no apple stores. Another place to buy is http://amazon.co.uk . I always buy from the internet, why do you want a store?

Cheers,
    Derry<----What a stupid name, eh?