Couple of Random Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wolfpackfan, Mar 8, 2015.

1. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Just a couple of random questions that have been rolling around in my mind -

1) Has there been any mention of using the Apple Watch to pay at Starbucks? I know you can use it with Apple Pay, but Starbucks isn't part of Apple Pay. I wonder if there will be a Starbucks app that displays the bar code.

2) Do you think Apple Care will be offered for the Watch? If so, will you get it?

I have about convinced myself to get the black Sports Watch with black band. Having a hard time justifying the expenditure but sometimes you just need to do something for yourself.

2. PeterRollback macrumors regular

Most definitely! You most likely will be able to pay at Starbucks with Apple Pay and if it's not supported yet, then you can pay with your Starbucks passbook cards via passbook.

And I'll probably get the White Sport :)

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I do not shop at Starbucks or go there so I'm not exactly sure. But if they accept :apple: Pay, it will work (not any barcode from an app).
    I think they will offer Apple Care. I won't get it I have been just trying to save up enough money for the watch.

And I'll race you to that space grey black band sport watch ;)

4. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

NO, never use Apple Pay at Starbucks unless you only go to the occasionally. Use the Starbucks card from Passbook if you are a regular Starbucks user. It is as easy as apple pay and should work with the watch passbook also.

Starbucks gives its card holders a free song or app each week and a free food or item every 12 purchases of any kind. I usually get their most expensive sandwich for free.

Starbucks has really figured it out. Most of the people in front of me in lines pay with their card or phones already.

5. jst1nt macrumors regular

jst1nt

Starbucks only supports Apple pay for in app purchases. They have their own payment system and rewards program.... Also their terminals don't support NFC. Don't expect that to change.

I would like to see a Starbucks glance which shows use the Starbucks card barcode as they have for the pebble watch.

6. PeterRollback macrumors regular

If I buy Sport, I'll get Apple Care for sure. I've learned from breaking my iPhone haha. But if I decide to get the more costly one SS model, I'll really have to take care of that one.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you go to starbucks regularly, better to use Apple Pay in the starbucks app to load up and use that to reap the rewards. You'll gain the security benefits of Apple Pay either way.