Couple of Try On Questions

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Apfpilot, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Apfpilot macrumors regular

I grabbed a SG Sport 42mm last night for 4/24-5/8 shipment and I also booked an appointment for try on. Unfortunately for personal reasons and other priorities I had to cancel the try on but I wanted to ask a couple of questions for those of you who were able to try on the watch today.

Is the haptic engine running at all on the watches that are in demo mode? IOW when a message pops up on the screen do you feel the notification? If so what are your thoughts.

In a couple of the videos I watched I noticed the map popping up. Was it in directions mode at all? Did the haptic left/right feedback alert at all? Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yep, once the watch recognises its been placed on a wrist it will initiate a taptic response. I thought it was a little weak but it's hard to judge on such a short interaction.

3. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

The Taptic feedback was one of the main reasons I didn't just preorder - I wanted to see what it was really about.

Had a try-on appointment this morning. It's an interesting sensation. It's not like a phone or Pebble "buzz" with a vibrating motor, but it's as though the whole watch sort of shudders. Because the watch is work snugly on your wrist, I don't think there's any way you'll miss a notification unless you were running or doing something that was shaking your arm pretty substantially.