Couple questions about BestSkinsEver for the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stateofmind, Dec 5, 2007.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

Is the skin for the screen poor quality? Better to leave the screen skinless or get a Power support crystal film for it?

Instead of using soap/water, do you think I should buy the solution InvisibleShield uses? It costs a buck and is free shipping.

2. Samart macrumors newbie

I just put this on last night. It's very good protection for the screen. I did not get the full body protection. That one is more difficult to install from what I've read. With the iphone off there's a ripple effect to the skin. But this is not noticable when turned on unless you tilt the iphone. You really have to be looking for it also. It's much easier to put on than the Power Support Crystal type covers. It's also more forgiveable. If you get dust between the Power Support Crystal good luck getting it off. Believe me I've tried. When applying the BSE film if you find dust or too many bubbles just peel it off, rinse it, and try again. You only need about 2 cups of warm water and a tiny drop of dishwashing soap. And a tip should you get it. Apply it like you would an acrylic cover. I mean start at one end and lay it down a little at a time. Use your finger to move across the screen, pushing the water out. I would apply it and check it after about 15 minutes. If there's dust, excessive bubbles, or misallignment issues, just peel it off and rinse in solution and do it again. The fit is perfect and looks great! Hope this long winded post helps.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Argh. I've installed 2 BSE full body shields. And yes, they're a pain. I'm probably just less skilled than others because both times it took me about 2 hours. :D :eek:

Yup. You can see it slightly, but I don't think it's a big deal. I don't personally believe that the screen needs protection-- I like having a shield on the screen because it makes it easier to wipe off and clean. When my screen was shield-less, I found it more difficult to wipe off fingerprints, etc.

Agreed that water + tiny bit of dishwashing soap is the ticket. No need for the IS stuff. I actually used a pie tin and just slid the shield in there, then slid it between two fingers (the sides) to get rid of the excess water.

4. RMferrer macrumors member

i also just put mine on yesterday. I didn't use the BSE screen protector from ppl complaining that it felt "tacky". So i just used the power support crystal film. The full body protector is a pain, especially the corners. After it dried somewhat overnight it looks 10x better than last night.

I used a blow drier really quick to speed up the drying process, i think it came out pretty good.

total install for the fullbody-approx. 45-50 min

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Yea the corners are a bitch, but after they start drying a bit they stay on the edges...

I've had mine a few weeks after I got my iPhone, and everything is still sticking to the iPhone... the only thing is after a few months of usage the pocket lint etc from my pockets have kinda dug itself into the corner, but it's not that big of a deal, overall the phone still looks amazing, and I have no scratches anywhere. :)