Couple questions about iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Jun 16, 2009.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

First of all, im not in a huge hurry and our att people say that they wont be sold out of iphones.

here are a couple questions...

1)if were renewing our service contract, can i get it at the apple store?

2)where is it better to get it from (taking returns and stuff into consideration)?

3)can i still preorder it? if so, where should i preorder it?

4)do preorders require payment at the time of preorder or only when you pick it up?

thanks in advance!

2. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

1) Yes. I bought an iPhone 3G as an upgrade, and I bought it through the Apple Store.
    2) It doesn't matter--Apple handles all returns and problems. So you can buy, say, from AT&T, but Apple will provide returns and such.
    3)Your preference. You can still preorder, but you can only be guaranteed on Friday for the new one direct from Apple.
    4) I'm actually not sure, but yes, I think they require payment up front, but I think your card won't be charged until it ships or you pick it up.

3. parthvader macrumors newbie

I'm not an expect on this, since I don't have first hand experience with everything you're asking. This is what I do know...

1) Apple stores are connected to ATT somehow, so you should be able to renew your contract with ATT at an Apple store.

2) Best place to get it from is debatable. If you want a "iPhone shopping experience" like waiting in lines, etc.. then the Apple store is probably your best choice. If you're considering returns and such then I know Best Buy charges the full retail restocking fee for the iPhone (like $75). Not sure what the policy on returns is at ATT or Apple. That's of course during the first 30-days.

3) I think best place to preorder is at a local Best Buy. Most likely a lot of people haven't preordered there yet, and you might get lucky and be really high up on their list. The local best buy near me didn't have anyone preordered for a white 32gb 3gs, so I am first on their list. They also guranteed they will have the iPhone for me on Friday anytime. Check your local stores.

4) My best buy preordered required a $50 gift card purchase. But I can use that gift card towards my iPhone purchase on Friday anyway, so it was no big deal.

Hope that helps!