Couple questions about Mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sportsfrk214, Feb 16, 2008.

1. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

I'm currently using Yahoo Mail on my iPod. I have a couple questions about it:

1. Is there a "Delete All" function at all? I get a lot of Bulk (Junk) Mail, and it would be nice to just get rid of them all instead of deleting each one individually.

2. When I receive a picture as an attachment in an email, can I save the photo to my pictures on my iPod?

2. sportsfrk214 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aw that sucks, I kinda figured that. Oh well, maybe one day, as they seem like easy things to add in an update.

One more question I forgot: When you set the check mail thing to Manual, does that mean it checks for you or that you have to do it yourself? Because I don't know know whether to set it to Manual or Every 5 Minutes to get it to check for me.

3. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

First of all it does it only every 15 at minimum (which is terrible).

Second of all, if you put it to manual, you gotta go into mail and check it yourself everytime.

4. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

5. Jimbozi macrumors newbie

Wrong. You CAN download an attached photo.

Open the email with the attached photo. The photo should then display in mail.

Tap the image, a popup then will ask you if you want to save the photo. Click save image. The photo will now appear Photos under saved photos. The same location that The "Backgrounds" app saves them. (love that app)

One thing though that bugs me is the photo looks great in mail but awful after saving. If someone knows the solution/reason for this I would LOVE to hear it.

Jimbo

6. jlocalled macrumors member

jlocalled

This was from February of last year. You couldn't save pictures on the 1.1.x Firmwares.