Couple questions about purchasing Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by egeek84, Jul 11, 2011.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Hey guys, I had a couple questions about purchasing Lion.

1. I have some iTunes giftcard credit on my account. Can I apply this towards buying Lion or do I have to pay with a credit card?

2.I own an iMac and a Macbook Pro. Will I have to download Lion twice or after I download it once, can I xfer the installation file to my other mac?

Thanks

2. stuartmack1974 macrumors member

Hi

I dont see why you cant redeem against lion through the app store, and once youve downloaded you can install across all your Macs

Cheers, Stu

3. PaulWog Suspended

1. A gift card which is limited to only iTunes cannot download anything from their app store.

2. You'll just need to buy Lion once. That's assuming your operating system is on Snow Leopard right now. You apparently have to have Snow Leopard on your computer in order to install Lion. So long as you do on both of those computers, you apparently just need to buy Lion once.

4. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I got a couple of iTunes gift cards last week, and I've made a few purchases at the Mac App Store.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

Are you referring to the app store within iTunes for iOS apps or the app store on a Mac for Mac apps ?

I suspect iTunes gift cards may only allow you to buy iOS apps in iTunes. Having said that the Mac app store shares the same user ID and password so it's quite possible that the iTunes gift cards may also work in the Mac app store.

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

iTunes gift cards work on any store with your AppleID, including the Mac app store.

You can move the installation file over to your other mac. No need to download it twice.

7. tommy060289 macrumors regular

I dont think you even have to do that. Going by what it says on apple, you can download it on any authorised computer once you've purchased it once. I think you can authorise up to five computers from one apple ID so that gives you a total of 5 licenses:)

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

9. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

I know, this makes buying Lion so cheap doesn't it! (Unless you have PPC software that needs upgrading in order to run), but for the majority with more than 1 Mac, it's less than your weekly grocery bill!