Couple questions about Refurbished LED Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maw4bc, Mar 1, 2011.

1. maw4bc, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

maw4bc macrumors regular

I am thinking about getting a refurbed 27" LED cinema display. Would save me 150$ from buying at the apple store. I am curious if the display comes with any of the cords I would need to connect this to my new 2011 MBP? If not, which cords do I need exactly? Thanks for the help.

Also, I see they have the 30" on the refurbed site as well. What exactly are the differences? I know that the 30" is an older model and isn't glossy finish. Other than that is one superior to the other?

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

it says the 27" comes with the screen, the ac cord to power it, and the printed docs. I don't see the same info for the 30" screen but would assume you get the same stuff with that one as well. As for the differences I can't really comment on that.

3. G5isAlive macrumors 6502

I'm looking into this as well... went to the apple store and did some homework. The AC cord cited with the 27" is actually a combination AC/USB/and magsafe power cord, so yes it has all the cords you need.

The 30" has a few more vertical pixels (140 i think) but it does NOT have the magsafe charge cord (not designed for it) and it does NOT have the newer display connector which the 27" has, but it has the older DVI connection. You can buy a display adapter but why?

for my money I am leaning towards the newer 27"