couple questions before buying a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Spellcaster, May 29, 2009.

1. Spellcaster macrumors newbie

I'm gonna be buying a new macbook on or very soon after wwdc, and will be applying for the Juniper Visa Card to pay for it. Now assuming I'm approved for the card (though I see no reason why I wouldn't be), I'm wondering about when I would recieve the card in the mail and if I could make my purchase as soon as I'm approved for the card...also, how the back to school promo works. I'll be a sophomore at Northeastern Univ. this fall, and I want an ipod touch, but it's my understanding that if you're buying it online (which I will be) they send you a rebate for the ipod. That means they're going to charge you for the cost of the ipod, right? If this is correct, when would I be recieving the rebate? Thanks

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

You could buy it as soon as your approved. But FYI you dont always get $1300+ in credit. My dad has perfect credit and was only approved for $600

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Everyone that does the back to school promo, get a rebate. You must pay up front, you must buy the mac & ipod at the same time, then go online and fill out the rebate form. I just did it today, I got the ipod touch.

4. Spellcaster thread starter macrumors newbie

so, any clue on how long it'd take for the rebate to come if I ordered it, say...Monday?

5. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

" It may take up to eight (8) weeks after Apple’s receipt of a completed rebate claim that is made in accordance with these terms to receive your check. "

Found it here, read the rest of the Terms and Conditions too. http://www.apple.com/promo/

Never dealt with apple on rebates but it normally takes about 6-8 weeks for most companies and that is if they honor it. Make sure you follow the instructions to a T. If it says original, send original not copy. Most rebates are handled by 3rd parties not the actual company.