couple questions for selling iPad on eBay

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ThirteenXIII, Feb 19, 2011.

1. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

I listed my iPad 64GB 3G on eBay and had a couple of questions:

1) i originally had the unlimited data and still have access to it until the end of the month, can an at&t store just transfer it to another at&t account or do they have to use the email & password that I use?

2) what is a good price for sale? I had an offer for $1050 shipped that included an incase black folio case ($59), and Apple Dock ($29) and Apple Camera Kit ($29). that entails to about $30~ in PayPal fees, $55~ in ebay fees and about $20~ for USPS flat rate box shipping. so i estimate around $940 after all is said and done...seem reasonable? I know these forums see arond $500-700ish for the iPad 3G 64GB

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

1) they'll probably lose the unlimited data option once it's cancelled (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

2) That seems too high, seems suspicious to me. Too good to be true.

3. ThirteenXIII thread starter macrumors 6502a

True, I talked it out with the buyer and has 800+ positive feedback 100% and the payment was verified, and seller protection eligible as well.

I searched the forums regarding transferring the unlimited data plan over and seems its not really easy and either i video chat with the seller and have them give me the information to enter manually or hope at&t will be nice enough to help them out because I dont plan on giving it to them with my account info present even though i did for safety reasons cancel the CC used on the ipad 3g service.