Couple questions/problems with Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laserfox, Nov 15, 2008.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

1. Is there a way to turn off the app store update notification. I dont always update my apps and I hate to see that red number telling me i have 12 updates waiting! I wish I could decline updates at my discretion.

2. syncing issue: Each time I connect my ipod, I get an error message something about datasync cant find dataservice or load sync services...When I click ok, it goes on to sync as usual. Its annoying because if I connect my ipod and go to bed, when I wake its hasn't synced because I didn't click ok!

3. Can I add optimum online mail to the mail client? I've tried but no luck. My gmail and yahoo works great though.

4. The accelerometer is very shody on ipod. If I'm listening to music and I tilt the ipod sideways, it goes into to coverflow...howver once upright, it doesn't go back to normal unless I go back to the main screen and open the music app again. Annoying!

Any suggestions?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I also want to see if there is a way to turn off App update notification. I have 2.0 and a few app updates require 2.1.

3. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

1. there is no way to turn off notifications, the only thing you could do it put it on another page of icons so you don't have to see it on the main page

2. idk

3. you can add any email account that has support for pop/imap and smtp access.

4. Make sure the ipod is vertical, if it is too far from vertical it gets false positives.