couple questions regarding the new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by happle, Oct 20, 2010.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

Ok so I have the late 2009 2.26ghz unibody macbook. i was wondering if the newer 2.4ghz uses the same processor just overclocked, or a different one? also do you think there would be much of a difference between the two as far as performance?

and my second question. I plan on buying a new battery somewhat soon. will i be able to buy the newer macbook battery that has 10hrs of life for my macbook that says it has 7hrs of life? if so where can i buy a genuine battery from. and does it void warranty if i or anyone else besides apple changes the battery? i have applecare so i dont want to void that.

any answers are greatly appreciated.

2. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The 2009 MB uses the P7550 CPU, the 2010 MB uses the P8600 CPU.
    There is not that much difference between those two, but the difference may depend on your needs, thus, what are these?

The 2009 MB had a slightly different battery than the 2010 MB and the 2010 MB also uses refined circuitry and Mac OS X settings to get to 10 hours, thus getting the 2010 MB's battery (where?) and putting it into the 2009 MB will not bring 10 hours to the 2009 MB, if the transplant even works.
    MRoogle might answer you this better though.

And replacing the battery by non-Apple staff will not void the warranty, if that non-Apple staff is Apple authorised, of which there are many.
    But the benefits of such transplant might outweigh the hardship it produces (hmm?).

You can also take a look at the Refurbished Mac section of the Apple Online Store to get good deals on 2010 MBs or MBPs.

Btw, MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

5. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i produce music with reason 5. its actually pretty resource friendly but still...

and ok i guess ill have to stick with the late 2009 battery

does anyone know where i can get my macbook battery replaced with a genuine apple battery but for a cheaper price then sending my macbook to apple?

6. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

There isn't one, Apple's prices are set in stone. Suppose you could try iFixit and install the battery yourself, but that voids the warranty. In the late '09 and 2010 MBs the battery is not user replaceable and must be done by an Apple Authorized tech.

7. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm that stinks :/ how much is it to get it done by apple $140?

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

You could get another company to do it for cheaper - Although it'd void your warrenty. Apple will charge $100-$200:eek:

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I believe 130 gets you a new battery installed by apple

10. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah i love apple but damn there expensive. honestly i can get a f'n powerhouse of a pc for 1300. but for a mac it would cost me like 2 grand :/

same goes for the batteries. and i wish they just kept them replaceable like the old macbooks.