Couple questions.....

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thebignewt, Dec 2, 2011.

1. thebignewt macrumors regular

iMac with Lion. Want to burn a DVD that I have on my iTunes that I ripped to the Apple TV2 format using Handbrake. I inserted a blank, dragged the movie over the DVD icon, and it looked like it was burning it, but at the end said there was some error. What's the surest way to do this?
    Q#2: I made a nice Places slideshow in iPhoto (with maps, music). I cannot show it on Apple TV (only albums and events and Faces, etc show up, not slideshows). What's the best way to see that on Apple TV. I can't figure out how to burn that to disc either (not sure if it's CD or DVD).
    Hey thanks in advance for help. I did buy a book about Lion, but it doesn't have any of this covered.

2. The-Pro macrumors 65816

try the applicaion roxio toast 11 for dvd burning. i have a version from 2004 and it works great.
    http://toast-titanium-x.mac.findmysoft.com/download/
    this link is for the trial. i dont know what the trial has for options and stuff but you might wanna try it out

3. thebignewt thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know how the native program iDVD fits into all of this. I'm actually not sure what it is (I'm new to Apple, but not entirely). With Windows I always needed a 3rd party program like Roxio to copy a DVD.

4. thekb macrumors 6502a

I, too, am interested in a solution to this problem. If I want to burn a DVD of a movie that I have ripped, will iTunes or iDVD do it for me? I looked up Toast and Roxio wants $79 for it, so that is right out.

Is there any other available software that is free or reasonably priced that can convert m4v to a playable DVD?