Couple Questions

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by HighTechToid, Jun 9, 2015.

1. HighTechToid macrumors member

HighTechToid

I've tried a running through a few threads and didn't see the answer yet so forgive me if it's already been answered:

1) When installing iOS 9 did you get space back or did it only take up an additional 1gb? If you got space back, how much?

2) For the new group by app notification settings can someone turn that off and then post a screen? I'd like to see what it looks like. Also, if you get 5 text messages does it still shows all 5 messages or just the most recent one? That's always drove me nuts with iOS that it doesn't just condense notifications to a single one for that app.

3) What is the point of seeing my iPhone battery life in a widget when it's at the top of the screen anyway? Can that be turned off in the widget? (ie only see  Watch battery life?)

2. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

As far as I can tell, I actually lost .2gb of available space on my 16GB iPhone 6, from 12GB available to 11.8GB available.

It shows you all the notifications. So if you have 6 messages, it'll show 6 text notifications. Notifications have always been grouped by app previously, also. It basically works EXACTLY how the lock screen works, not grouping notifications.

I dunno, Some people (like me) don't like having the percentage turned on (unless they hit LBM which is great since it'll turn it on for you and then auto turn if back off). The widget only is available if an Apple Watch is paired, at least.