Couple Unlocked iPhone 5s Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sfwalter, Sep 14, 2013.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Hi,

1. Wil Apple be selling unlocked iPhone 5S is stores on launch day?

2. Is it as easy as removing the sim from an iPhone 5 and placing it in the iPhone 5S. Then activate thru iTunes. Or will I need to contact AT&T?

Thanks in advance, Scott

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

In the past they have not sold device only full price phones for the first 2-3 weeks to keep off resellers

They will sell no contract line activated phones for t mobile, Verizon users that want to keep unlimited data etc

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

1, In the Uk Yes.

2, In the Uk Yes.

4. Lindberg macrumors regular

I want to buy the iphone 5s on friday here in Houston without contract to use it on my T-mobile contract. Do you think that is possible?

5. xConnerIdan macrumors member

If you have an iPhone 4/4S, you would have to replace the sim card, but if you have an iPhone 5, you can just pull out the sim with the clip provided with the package the 5S came with, and pop the sim in the sim tray in the 5S.
    If not, you would have to go to T-Movile to do a sim transfer.

6. Lindberg macrumors regular

I just wrote to the apple chat support. They told me that announced release date was only fore the carrier version and not the unlocked.

I need the unlocked version to use with my T-mobile sim card. I need to be off contract because I am returning to Denmark next year.

Will I be able to purchase the iphone 5s unlocked to use with my T-mobile sim card this Friday?

7. EJenk25 macrumors newbie