Court Orders Samsung to Show Apple Unreleased Handsets, Tablets

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mack pro, May 24, 2011.

1. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

2. mltaylor macrumors regular

Saw that. The comments are some apple bashing.

I guess it is just me (I own all apple products, macbook pro, every iphone) but I don't get the hate for each side. Samsung makes great android devices and apple makes everything great :p

3. janellelk macrumors newbie

That's crazy! Lol, I love Androids negative take on it as opposed to us Apple lovers..

4. Malcolm. macrumors member

Malcolm.

Just so you know, Samsung is the same company that supplies Apple with components like flash memory and RAM that are found in many Apple products. ;)

I'm honestly so sick and tired of all this corporate greed and petty, ridiculous lawsuits. Makes me dream of the day when we have anarchy instead of government, and patents do not exist. Patents are themselves a product of greed and do nothing except stifle innovation and progress.

5. mltaylor macrumors regular

So you are new here...and hate everything it seems. Samsung does make money components that Apple uses BUT that is why they signed a contract so neither side can just up and quit supplying (as Samsung) or quit buying (as Apple).

Greed is bad...Patents are not.

6. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I suppose you don't like copyrights either . . . if there were no patents, there would be no incentive for ANYONE to innovate, because they wouldn't be able to make their money back. Simply ridiculous.

Please -- crawl back into that anarchist hole you crawled out of.

7. Malcolm. macrumors member

Malcolm.

Questioning Apple's actions doesn't mean that I "hate everything." They make OK products, most of the time. I have an iPod and used to have a Mac, in fact.

Again, patents are the result of greed.

ROFL. That's exactly my point...in capitalist America, money and profit is more important than anything else. Nobody innovates unless there's a profit to be gained. If the profit goes away, so does the innovation.

An anarchist society would not have this problem. Innovation doesn't necessarily have to be about money.

8. mltaylor macrumors regular

Yes, greed is a killer but that has nothing to do with innovation as you put it. Patents are so thinkers can freely think without having someone else stealing (that's right stealing is wrong) their ideas.

The real world (also common morality) is a lot different than your thoughts about big businesses greed.

9. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

Malcolm -- who's teaching you this stuff? Where'd you learn it? I'm not putting you down; in fact I appreciate the fact that you're provoking thought.

Think about this:

Innovation is good; greed is an unfortunate by-product of a capitalistic, free market economy. It is the very reason the Soviet Union failed: there was no incentive; if a garbage man is making the same amount of $$ as a computer engineer, where's the incentive for the computer engineer to work and think harder? Where's the incentive for Apple (or Samsung or IBM) to develop new products if they just have to give away the technology? There simply isn't.