Cousin Changed to new ATT Mobile Share has free tethering/hotspot now on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GadgetGeek407, Aug 22, 2012.

1. GadgetGeek407 macrumors 6502a

I cant believe they finally did this, my cousin just changed over to the new mobile share att plans and he now has free hotspot on his phone i think thats awesome it was one of the biggest reasons i jailbroke, now I will be switching to this plan when my bill cycles.

2. Pirate515 macrumors member

I thought these plans were not available until tomorrow.

3. brianbunge macrumors 6502

brianbunge

They actually started making them available to customers on Sunday.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Tiered plans should have tethering to begin with.
    IMO it should be like here is your 2GB data plan per month. Use it as you wish, you want to tether, watch netflix, stream radio etc..
    You go over then you pay for additional data if you wish to continue.
    I know it should be given but we shouldnt make it sound like its a a surprising gift from AT&T to allow you to use your predetermined amount of data the way you want it.
    The new mobile share data plans is at&t's and verizons new way of trying to give you less for more. And offcourse when you have a bunch of different data users on the same plan one will use up more than the others and start racking up the overages for the whole family plan.
    Then give them all tethering available too and watch the profits for the carriers skyrocket:D
    Just my thoughts on it, that's all.

5. linkgx1 macrumors 65816

6. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

agree that it should definitely have been done years ago...but nevertheless its good for what it finally is. This plan is such a blessing for my family considering we have 6 lines meaning two family plans two messaging family charges and 6 people paying data when only 3 really use it. So getting the 10gb plan is actually saying me about $100 A MONTH OFF my bill 'm totally excited.

I dont think this plan makes any sense at all for people with less than 4 lines, its only good for four or lines if you do the math.

7. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

I have 5 lines and it does not work for me!

8. GadgetGeek407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would assume you dont have a high minutes plan, i have two 1400 minute plans, you must have a low mins plan and barely any data cause I have 2gb-3gb data on each line. free hotspot alone makes it worth it for me even though nobody else in my house would care for that but I would occasionally use it. the fact that its there is nice to know

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I just switched over as well to the 10GB shared plan for 5 lines plus my iPad as well. Dropped my bill by about $40 a month which isn't too bad.

10. jomirrivera macrumors 6502

Actually I have unlimited data in 4 out of 5 lines, the other one has 200mb and we have unlimited text amd 700 minutes with more that 4000 in rollover!

11. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Went today to see if it made sense. We had 4 lines and a FAN. We found out the FAN only applies to the base cost of the plan. It would cost us $58 more per month. They said it was due to being on the lowest minute plan. We get 700 mins and never go over due to unlimited mobile to mobile etc. The plan sucks really. I guess I couldn't expect them to actually try and save me some money.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope.
    They're more like lets charge them more and give them less:D
    But we will throw facetime over 3G in there, that will make everyone dump the evil unlimited data plans.

13. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I switched over yesterday to the 4GB plan. Called ATT and upped it to 6GB today.

The difference was only $4.36 after my discount.

Overall, I am saving about $30 per month, and have more data to myself because my wife has low usage.

Plus I have included tethering, so my wifi only iPad is benefiting as well.

All in all, this new plan kicks butt.

14. rick98761 macrumors 6502

Anyone else on ios 6 beta 4 not able to get hotspot or FaceTime 3G working? I switched to a share plan but they both still say to contact AT&T.