Coustom Resolutions On Macbook?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 103734, May 29, 2007.

1. 103734 Guest

Well I want to set up my macbook so that when I hook it up to my LCD TV the macbook screen turns off.

but i want to set my macbook to output in 1366 x 768 which isnt on the list of resolutions in system manager.

2. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

You can't set up the MacBook to automatically switch off the screen. The best you can do is to close the lid to put it in clamshell mode. It'll go to sleep and you'll have to wake it up - using the remote should do that.

As for the resolution, when you connect to the LCD TV, the MacBook will output to it in the correct resolution. The list of resolutions in system preferences is those the MacBook's own screen supports, not the resolutions it can support externally.

3. 103734 thread starter Guest

well when i hook my LCD screen up to it, it shows a list of reolutions for the macbook screen and another for the LCD, but the ones for the LCD are all wrong.

Also im using VGA not DVI

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You may have to use DisplayConfigX or SwitchResX to enable that resolution if you don't see it on the list. I had to do that to get my iMac to do 1366x768 on my LCD TV. I use and prefer the latter of the two.

Instead of "bumbing", perhaps stearch? ;)