Cover Art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tech198, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all..

When adding cover art to iTunes, does Itunes matter where its stored. ?

Unfortunately, I've already added cover art to all my movies, but now wish to move the folder contain the images into the iTunes Media folder,, for easier backup later.

However, i dunno weather this would break thumbnails in Get info, and Covert art in iTunes itself..

Or would i need to re-apply images ? Sine itunes does state in Get Info "the part to the movie" I'm also guessing it would break it the movie is also moved.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I haven't tried it with movies in iTunes, since I use another app for all my movies, but when you add artwork to MP3s in iTunes, it embeds the artwork in the MP3. There is no separate folder for artwork in that situation. Wherever you move the song, the artwork is embedded.

3. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

ok thank...

yes i realize the artwork is embed with movies too, but the thumbnail in iTunes (When you choose "Get info" you see a small thumbnail.)

I'm guessing this is coming from not the embed movie file, but from the artwork folder...

Thus my question, would i loose this as "No image available" if i move the folder , or is iTunes smart enough to pick it up. ?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you move the music or movie files, and even if you deleted all the thumbnails, they would simply get re-created automatically.

5. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

Thanks..

In the iTunes Media Artwork folder, I see a "Cache" and "Download" folder, despite i haven't downloaded anything.

are these two folders safe to delete ?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why would you want to delete them? iTunes uses them.

7. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G4

what for ? I haven't been downloading anything from the iTunes Store, not even partial downloads.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The cache folder is used for caching artwork, so when you scroll through your library of albums, the album art shows. If you delete it, iTunes will respond slower while the cache is being rebuilt. If the download folder is empty, it's not taking up any space. I would leave the folders that iTunes creates. They're not harming anything by being there. Is there something you're trying to achieve by deleting them?