Cover Flow/Album Art issues...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsquared, Nov 20, 2008.

1. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I've been noticing some odd things going on with my Album art and in the Cover Flow function. i.e Album Art appearing twice, Album Art not showing up, Wrong Album Art, Shows one art on cover flow but when playing shows the correct one, and the wierdest is on one cd/playlist on some of the songs when playing shows half the art....

Anyone else seen this before?

2. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Yep. I have two Foo Fighters albums, and both of them show up as having the same album art. I also had a ton of problems with my old iPod Classic with album art and coverflow. It's probably because something is screwy with your ID3 tags.

3. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

I've had album art come up completely blank (blacked-out) or sometimes partially blank. It was always with songs that I purchased directly on the iphone. The image would display fine until I synced it with itunes. In order to fix it, I had to delete the album art in itunes, sync the iphone to clear out the image (displays the music note), download the album art again, and sync the iphone again. The album art for those songs have displayed fine since.

4. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

I'm gonna try this, seems time consuming though. I'm not very organized with anything in my life I don't know why why I go all OCD on cover flow and album art.

5. jmdeegan macrumors member

I have this issue too, but syncing the album art or having itunes pull it down has not helped--and virtually all issues are with purchases from the ITMS....

like, I have a comedy album displaying a TV Show cover....just weird

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I have both of those issues encountered thrice already. I really don't know why. I have to do a manual delete of the artwork, re-sync my iPhone, then unplug it and add the artwork back again then re-sync. It's a lot of hassle.

7. jsquared thread starter macrumors 6502

jsquared

Solution

I just completely removed all media from my phone. Double checked all my artwork and re-synced everything back on. This solved the problem. There must be some sort of glitch in the "Manually Manage..." function that doesn't completely removed media when you delete it. I keep most of my music in playlists so re-syncing wasn't that bad.