Cover Flow help needed. How much memory?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jazzandmetal?, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

Hi, I am new to apple. Got an 80gb ipod classic and a new macbook last week. I noticed that when I get album artwork from the apple store it comes up on every song that is on the album and shows up in my ipod as well. When the cover art is not in the apple store I go to amazon and drag it to itunes. It is only on the song that I put it on but it will show up in the coverflow for the whole album in my ipod and mac. What is the best way to get artwork and how much space does cover art actually take up in the computer?:)

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

You can select all the songs from one album (hold down the command key while selecting each song), and right click and choose "Get Album Artwork" and it will download it automatically from the iTunes Store for all the songs (the song title, artist name, and album name will have to be correct for this to work though).

3. Sewis macrumors newbie

In the lower left corner there is a icon with a box with an arrow up/down. It should be selected so that the albumcover also appears there.
    Then You select only one song from that album. Just drag 'n drop the picture you found on Google etc intill the box in the lower left corner. It will appears in cover flow but only one song will actually get the picture :)

4. Jazzandmetal? thread starter macrumors regular

How much memory?

I know how to get the coverflow loaded. My question which I poorly worded above was more about which method takes up more energy.:rolleyes:

5. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Amazon is the harder way, if your songs arn't tagged correctly you'd have to properly tag them and then drag the art. Where as if your songs are properly tagged you can just use iTunes "Get Album Art" feature.

As far as how much space they take up, the images (that I have) are about 200kb each. So 200kb * #of songs = size.