Cover Flow issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Resist, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Resist macrumors 68030

One of my music videos is not showing up in cover flow on my iPhone. Yet the another video by the same artists is showing up in cover flow on my computer but not the same one that is on my iPhone. Both however show up under the iPhone's music video area. Any suggestions?

2. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'm a little confused why music videos would be showing up in cover flow?

3. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Cover Flow in Finder can show anything, such as music videos.

Cover Flow on the iPhone/iPod touch will only show artwork.

4. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Why, because they are still music.

5. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Actually not entirely true. If you tap the cover art it will flip around and show you the songs. Then tap the song and it will play.

6. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Yes, it is true. Cover Flow only shows album artwork (i.e. static images) NOT music videos as you seemed to expect it to do in your OP. The fact you can flip over the artwork and select tracks is irrelevant.

7. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay I get your point now, yes coverflow shows album art but when I top one for a music video, it plays.

Still need a reason why some of my music videos are missing in coverflow.

8. XciteMe macrumors 6502

YOU'RE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE and it's frustrating to the people in here trying to answer your (illogical) question. :confused:

WHAT do you mean music videos won't "show" in Cover Flow? You cannot WATCH a music video in cover flow, if that's what you mean. You can only watch it through the Videos menu in your iPod. Cover Flow DOES show the music video in the album track list, but if you tap it, it only plays the audio and not the video. That's how it works for all videos.

GET IT??!?

9. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay let me try this again. Music videos can be started from coverflow, when I tap them from there they will play the video. But some of my music videos do not show up in coverflow, as my other music does. Most of my music videos do show up in coverflow. I should be able to see some sort of album art for them and tap it which will then start the music video. As I said, most of my music videos do work this way in coverflow. But all of my music videos are seen under the music video area of the iPhone.

So again, music videos can be started in coverflow, at least they can be on my iPhone.

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure music videos can't be shown in cover flow on the iPhone. Just albums. Now stop bitching and moaning.

11. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I find that it's always wise to obtain the facts, before posting, to save future embarrasment(and yes, I speak from 'being too hasty' experience). :D
    I've just had a look on my 3GS, and not only does Cover Flow show some(maybe all) of the videos that are tagged as music videos in iTunes(that's the important bit), but I've found that it also shows songs that have no album tagging also.

It must be a 3+ thing, because I didnt notice it before 3.0.

12. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Meh, I don't know. I find it pretty stupid to have music videos in a flow of cover art. It should be for albums only if it isn't.

13. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

There's no reason why videos and singles shouldn't be included really, as cover art can be assigned to both.
    Cover Flow should be context-specific though. If you're in a playlist, then it should only show content in that playlist for example, rather than the current 'show everything' format it currently is.

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

I can see a single, because that's music. Should a full length movie be in the album cover flow? No. Same goes with music videos. Just doesn't make sense.

15. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Regardless of whether anyone thinks music videos should be in cover flow or not, the fact is they are.

But why would I be missing music video in cover flow? After looking over all my music it seems that only one music video is not showing up in cover flow. And I have no idea why.

When flipping through cover flow albums you can tell it is video music because the art is displayed in a rectangle size or smaller than other music album art.

16. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Are they all set to "Media Kind: Music Video" in iTunes? Maybe only the one that is showing up is.

17. notstevelam macrumors newbie

just keep scrolling through coverflow for 5 more minutes till you're sick of it like everyone else is already and use the normal menus.

18. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

Yes they are all set to Music Video, that was the first thing I checked.

Update:Just reset the "Get Info" album info for that missing music video and now it all shows up correctly in Cover Flow in iTunes on my computer and my iPhone after a sync. That fixed the issue. Apparently iTunes can be very picky so sometimes you have to reset the song info to get things to work right.

19. Resist thread starter macrumors 68030

I agree, Cover Flow is more a cool looking novelty than it is useful.

20. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Agreed. It doesn't stop the competitors from ripping it off though.