Cover Flow Options

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ason12, May 25, 2008.

1. Ason12 macrumors newbie

I searched the forums and couldn't find an answer, so I thought I would post it. Is there a way to change options in Cover Flow? I'd really like it to sort by Album and not by Artist, any luck?

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Coverflow view is just one of the views, the sort is selected differently. When you hit Music, at the bottom you can choose among various types of sorts, one of them is 'more', under More there is an album option, choose that, turn the thing sideways and BOOM album cover flow.

You can also hit 'edit' from the more screent o determine which ones appear as menu choices, and which appear in the More screen.

I have mine setup for playlists, artists, podcasts, albums, MORE. And under more, I have audiobooks, compilations, composers, genres and songs.

I believe by default, Songs is on the quick pick list and albums is under More.

Hope this helps.

3. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

No. If you go into the Albums section of your music and turn into CoverFlow it will automatically show CoverFlow by Artists, it always does. Even if you are in a playlist, and you go into CoverFlow it shows it by Artists. Try it out, trust me.

To the OP: Unfortunately, at the time, there are no Settings options for CoverFlow, hopefully this will be added with 2.0 or with other future releases. 2.1.2? :cool:

4. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Hmmmm...

that's one for Yes
    and one for No

Maybe this should have been a survey to count whose opinions are most prevalent.

5. akm3 macrumors 68020

Ace is correct I just tried! (Who knew?) When you aren't in coverflow it sorts properly by album, but as soon as you turn it sideways it reverts to artist.

I wonder if that is some kind of caching to speed up coverflow (and not have it have to resort ... there is only 'one coverflow'.)

I had never noticed it before, the answer is no you can't currently :) I retract my previous post and stand corrected.

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

On the topic of CoverFlow, anyone know if there is a way to turn it off altogether? Using it in bed and it going to CoverFlow gets on my tits. ;)

7. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Of the 79 albums on my touch, the first 66 are sorted by performer, the last 12 are sorted by name and the one in the middle doesn't fit either sort. I didn't set it up that way; it did it by itself. I never use the coverflow so it doesn't make any difference to me.

8. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

in cover flow is there a way to also adjust volume?

id like to organize coverflow by album or soundtrack as well, unless im just over looking something