iPhone Cover flow or horizontal orientation - nothing in the music revamp

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by TwoBytes, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Does anyone miss cover flow? 8.4 has the new music app but you can only view the app with one orientation. It's a bit odd from an Apple app

2. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Cover flow has been gone for awhile hasn't it? I have been running 8.4 beta for awhile so I can't remember. Did you use cover flow on 8.3?

3. Jmausmuc macrumors 6502

Jmausmuc

Cover Flow has been gone since iOS6. Id love to see it return thought.

4. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Coverflow hasn't been a 'thing' for two years now since the release of iOS 7. With iOS' current design style it's gone and won't be coming back, you're going to need to let it go.

5. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Since the big music app update, I thought apple would do something about horizontal use of the app instead of limit it to portrait orientation. It's not about letting things go Steve, it's about making the right changes.

6. steve23094 macrumors 68000

steve23094

Well you specifically lamented the loss of Cover Flow, whereas Cover Tile was much more practical. CF was pretty an' all but in reality showed very little information, CT solved that problem, but I still didn't use it on a day to day basis.

Do many people use their iPhone music player in landscape mode? I doubt it because the screen is too small and becomes cluttered with information. There are always some people on the outliers but OS design should cater for the majority. With the larger display of an iPad this isn't an issue hence landscape mode is available. I guess Apple agrees with me.

If you want a better music player try Marvis Music Player.

7. TwoBytes thread starter macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Lamenting over coverflow is pretty passionate interpretation, for my relaxed wording. Apple must agree with you; I did real in the 8.4 release notes that 'this release has been agreed with Steve23094 ;)

Sometimes I like browsing by titles, sometimes by album covers. There has been some amazing artwork lost through the decline in sales of records and CDs and I enjoy viewing this art. Maybe it's nostalgic... If they bring overflow back, before I update my phone software, I'll be sure to post here stating Apple agree's with me after I consulted them.:cool: