Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuttyboy78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
When I add an album to iTunes and set it as a compilation, most of the album art on cover flow disappears and is replaced by just 1 album art. This gets sorted out if I uncheck the compilation box.

Does anybody know how I can get around this? I do want to keep my collection as a compilation but also want cover flow to display the art for each song.

Thanx in advance.

jockmock

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
can you clarify? As I understood you, you want your whole library to be a compilation? That sounds wierd. You should expect that if you have one album, you should have one album picture in cover-flow.

nuttyboy78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
can you clarify? As I understood you, you want your whole library to be a compilation? That sounds wierd. You should expect that if you have one album, you should have one album picture in cover-flow.

No - that's not it at all. Among the many albums in my library, I have a few collections that are an assortment of hit singles from different albums - usually around 200 songs in all of which just one or maybe two songs are by any one artist. This is something like the old fashioned mix tapes. Unless I label it a compilation, iTunes is going to store my music in some wierd way under multiple artists (if I understand it right).

When I make it a compilation, the album art dramatically diminishes to less than 5 in number, sometimes even to 1. If I uncheck compilation, all the album arts come back under cover flow. Is there a workaround for this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.