Cover flow question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPod oldschool, Oct 31, 2007.

1. iPod oldschool macrumors member

I am getting an iPod Touch soon and am wondering if I can make custom images for the cover flow? Like if I download a song from youtube through zamzar.com (conversion site) can I put it on my touch with a custom image or will it just be a question mark?

2. chall5 macrumors regular

yes you can assign any image you like to a song in iTunes

3. fart macrumors regular

yes, this is an AWESOME feature of the touch/iphone.

I replaced every album cover in iTunes with various pictures of cold cuts from around the world, based on genre. Hard Rock? Well, that would be in the Ham family. Electronica? That's obviously in the Salami family. and so on.

4. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

What about if I have a whole album, and for some random reason I hate the album art? Can I like go and assign a new picture for that whole album? Thanks btw.

5. fart macrumors regular

you can do it by album, yes.

6. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, but out of curiosity, how do I do it in iTunes? I have for example the Love Album with a Music sign as the cover in iTunes cover flow. How can I assign a certain picture to it?

7. Xcolored macrumors member

Open up the image in Finder or another app, and drag the file into the album art area in iTunes (bottom left corner, if not there, click the up arrow icon below the sidebar)

Zack

8. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Just save the image file to your computer (.jpeg, for example). Right click on the song, go to "Get Info", click on the last page, and click Add. Find the image, apply, and update your iPod.

9. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member