Cover Flow Tracklisting Bug

Discussion in 'iPod' started by wngraham, Nov 28, 2007.

1. wngraham macrumors regular

Not sure if this is a commonly known issue, but I'd never noticed it until tonight.

I have 34 different albums named "Greatest Hits" on my 160 GB Classic, and when browsing via Cover Flow if I choose *any* of those albums and hit the center button to view the tracklisting - it lists every track on every album named "Greatest Hits".

I also have 2 different albums named "By Your Side" - the same thing happens.

Apparently the Cover Flow tracklisting only goes by album title, NOT by artist, etc.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Same here on my iphone, anyone know how to rectify this?

3. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

Same on my Nano. Never been able to fix it. I guess this is a bug. Have you tried the latest firmware version available yesterday ?

4. bindigok macrumors regular

Highlight all the songs that are actually on one CD, hit command+I and make sure that the "Album Artist" field contains the artist name. Usually this will fix that problem. Also, when viewing coverflow in iTunes, click on the album column and it should give you different options such as viewing the album by artist or title, etc. See if adjusting that will help get the CDs with the same title to separate.